The Course enables students:
- to acquire socio-territorial skills necessary for coping with new geographical setups determined by global mobility, by participatory and sustainable governance policies and by new consumer communities
- to acquire competences in the design, management and communication of tourism in high technology contexts
- to acquire a set of economic and legal skills for operating in tourism planning and hospitality for private companies, local and national public authorities, and online organizations or networks
- to develop linguistic and cultural expertise for understanding, communicating and managing the phenomenon of tourism as a social and intercultural practice.
The Course provides career opportunities in fields and functions that pertain to tourism and interface sectors within centralized and decentralized government institutions, foundations, public and private companies, such as:
- market analysis, planning and evaluation of tourist projects and local development;
- design and development of communication and services on and for territory;
- planning and organization of tourist services with special regard to sustainable and responsible tourism;
- design and management for the promotion of cultural and environmental heritage;
- training activities in tourism;
In addition, by Decree of the President of the Republic on 14 February 2016, n. 19 (Regulation laying down rules for the rationalization and consolidation of classes of competition for professorships and teaching posts) LM-49 graduates can access TFA programs for teaching Geography in Technical and Vocational Schools.
The Course enhances a territorial dimension and links with the labour market through:
- a network of contacts with companies, organizations, institutions, at a local and regional scale
- selected and qualifying workshop and training partnerships pilot initiatives shared with schools, businesses and local institutions, which see the involvement of students in field and project work
- participation in projects of Cities/on Cities involving students with a view to professional training and the preparation of a final thesis
- guided educational excursions on the national territory, whereby students familiarize with local organizations, entrepreneurs and sector professionals.